Sunday, February 19, 2017

To Kathleen Parker

Kathleen,
   Trump's solicitousness toward Putin, some of it tongue in cheek, obviously, is compared to what? No relationship at all? No communication? I don't think that the possibility of us sending a cruise missile down his chimney if things don't go well is a basis of understanding that I could work with. I would rather have my President speaking to him than not.
   The unwillingness of our administration to declaim moral equivalence. I did not hear him say that. What he didn't say was that Putin and Russia were evil and America was innocent. The man is trying to get some kind of relationship going where they can communicate. He can't do that while he shoots spitballs at him in public.
   And what I heard him say to our allies was that they needed to pay their fair share for our help. That's all I heard him say. That's how I feel about it, too.
   I want to see problems and solutions discussed. I want to see the long term viability of this country discussed...if you are interested in what I am worried about...think about that. In my mind the  failure of character  demonstrated in the leaked Democratic emails,   the "obvious to anyone with a brain" criminal bribery in the US State Department, for Christ's sake...and the failure of the main stream media to jump on Hillary Clinton and squeeze her until she landed in jail...are all signs of the loss of what got us here in the first place...our morale compass.  Is there a pol who can be expected to say the same things in public that he says behind closed doors, Kathleen? I can think of two or three possibilities.
   I think we have let the kids play long enough. We need for the serious people in America, you included, to start addressing problems and solutions.
Jim Self
116 Long Bow Rd.
Summerville, SC 29485
   

No comments:

Post a Comment